Sunday, March 29, 2009

Let Me Fix That for You

When friends and family come to me with a problem my natural tendency is to want to fix things for them. It has taken me many years to accept that my action is not the first best thing I can do for them.

The first best thing I can do for you and your problems is pray for you. God works in ways I cannot. He knows all about you and your problems...and me and mine. He has the best plans. They were crafted out of His love for you and His plan for your life. They really are designed to bring about good in your life, no matter how awful and painful they seem at the time.

This is not to say He sends BAD things your way. Sometimes bad things happen in the natural world and He puts His loving spin on it afterwards. Many times the things that go wrong in my life happen because I was being willful and not paying attention to His directions.

I Thessalonians 5: 16Be joyful always; 17pray continually; 18give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment