Friday, March 13, 2009

I Have Control Issues

I hate to admit it but I do. I spent much of my early life trying to please people. I'd say it nearly killed me. I still like to please the people I love and care about but there is a limit.

I have learned I cannot make everyone happy. Sometimes I cannot make anyone happy...not even myself. Sometimes things go south and there's no saving it. That's when I'm grateful that tomorrow is another day. God's mercies are new every morning.

If I had my way, things would go perfect for everyone. But wait, that's not possible. One person's perfect does not necessarily make for another person's perfect. It wouldn't be long before everything was in shambles if I were in control.

This has been a rough week. I have had some very bad news this week and I wish things were different. I will have to go the distance no matter how painful and difficult that may be. Thank God there will be blessings and joys along the way. Thank God, tomorrow is another day...and Thank God, His mercies are new every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment