Saturday, April 4, 2009

Iron Will

I love the movie "Iron Will." It pictures the Christian life to me with its struggles and victories.

I particularly love the ending scenes where Will and the dogs approach the finish line. They're so exhausted they can hardly stand up much less move ahead. And then the crowd starts to whistle and cheer them on. It makes me cry every time.

Can you not imagine the great crowd of witnesses who will be there as we approach the finish line of our lives? And they're cheering us on...waiting to welcome us to our great reward with hugs and dancing and great rejoicing. And then there's Jesus standing there. The One who paid it all for our entry fee. The One at whose feet we will fall in worship.

Sometimes people seem to worry about getting bored with an eternity stretching before them in heaven. Not me. I don't worry about that at all. Can't you just see us sitting around discussing the things we've come through with God's help? And then one will break out in praise and then we'll all just naturally follow.

And I think the One who created the universe will have no trouble matching us up with our dream jobs. Who knows better than He what our abilities are? After all, He is the Author and Creator of our faith and of us.

What a day that will be...Hallelujah! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment