Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Multiplier

I don't know about you, but I play a computer game here and there.
(And yes, sometimes I get a bit addicted.) One of the things that
makes a great computer game is a multiplier. A multiplier is
something that when you crunch it up or travel over it, it ups your
strength or makes you invincible for a certain length of time.
Sometimes it means the points you get during this special time
period are increased times 100 or 1000 or even more.

A game with a good multiplier is fun to play. However, I think a
multiplier is a spiritual concept. Really!

Matthew 18:18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on
earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on
earth shall be loosed in heaven.
19Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth
as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them
of my Father which is in heaven.
20For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there
am I in the midst of them.

Pay particular attention to verse 19. If two of you shall agree on
earth...when your prayers are multiplied on earth(and you are God's
children and ask according to His will), then it shall be done.

God takes our pitiful, powerless prayers and transforms them into
strong, invincible, effective actions. He makes them happen,
according to His word.

This part of God's word is way better than a computer game. I'm so
glad God exponentially increases my strength and answers prayer in
ways that would never be humanly possible.

Don't you just love the way God does things? I sure do.

Reprinted from a devotional I wrote for our family Yahoo group, SRThompsonFamily on May 24, 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment